The 10 most popular National Parks in NSW have been revealed and a heap of them are right here in Sydney
These beautiful spots are the most visited National Parks in the state.
When it comes to things New South Wales does really well, you have to include beaches and national parks, right? So if you like getting out for some bush-bashing, you might be interested in a the findings of the NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service 2022 Park Visitor Survey, which has revealed the top most visited national parks across our beaut state.
Turns out the Blue Mountains National Park is the most popular park – around 6.4 million tourists headed there in the last 12-month reporting period.
The second most visited park is closer to home for Sydneysiders – it's the Royal National Park, just south of Sydney, where about 5 million people visited to take some of the most spectacular coastal walks in the world.
In third spot: the famed Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park, just north of the CBD. This sacred Aboriginal land has long been a favourite visit for Sydney folk and tourists alike, and in the reporting period, 4.4 million people visited the area.
Here's the full top 10 most visited National Parks:
1. Blue Mountains National Park (6.40 million visits in a year)
Blue MountainsBlue Mountains, New South Wales, Australia
2. Royal National Park (5.05 million visits)
Royal National ParkRoyal Nat'l Park NSW 2233, Australia
3. Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park (4.4 million visits)
Ku-ring-gai Chase National ParkNew South Wales, Australia
4. Lane Cove National Park (2.61 million visits)
Lane Cove National ParkMax Allen Rd, Lindfield NSW 2070, Australia
5. Kosciuszko National Park (2.48 million visits)
Kosciuszko National ParkKosciuszko National Park NSW 2627, Australia
6. Sydney Harbour National Park (1.93 million visits)
Sydney Harbour National Park57JQ+XV, Manly NSW 2095, Australia
7. Eurobodalla National Park (1.41 million visits)
Eurobodalla National ParkW46C+6M, Potato Point NSW 2545, Australia
8. Garigal National Park (1.18 million visits)
Garigal National Park75FQ+9V, St. Ives NSW 2075, Australia
9. Cape Byron National Park (1.03 million visits)
Cape ByronCape Byron, Byron Bay NSW 2481, Australia
10. Brisbane Water National Park (929,000 visits)