Ultimate Encounter Snorkel with Sharks in Fiji
See the majestic beauty of picture perfect Kuata Island on this full day, small group cruise and snorkel with reef sharks. Barefoot Kuata Resort is nestled along a white sandy beach on picturesque Kuata Island with magnificent tall peaks and huge honeycomb rock formations and transparent turquoise waters where you can go snorkelling with reef sharks. Just crystal clear water between you and the sharks, this is the ultimate adrenaline rush experience!
- Infants are required to sit on an adult’s lap
- Travelers should have at least a moderate level of physical fitness
- You must contact South Sea Cruises at least 24 hours before your activity date to confirm your reservation and arrange Transport. Use the contact details on this voucher. Upon check in please present your confirmation or voucher in exchange for your tour boarding pass
- 7am Coach Pick Up - First Landing Beach Resort, Nila Resort & Landers Bay Resort
- 7:10am Coach Pick Up - Anchorage Beach Resort and Nalagi Hotel
- 7:15am Coach Pick Up - Nadi International Airport, Bamboo Travellers Beach / Beach Escape Villas / Bluewater Lodge / Aquarius on the Beach / Smugglers Cove / Ramada Suites / Sailor’s Beach / New Town Beach Motel / Matasawa Resort
- 7:20am Coach Pick Up - Club Fiji, Pullman Nadi Bay Resort & Spa Fiji and Tokatoka Resort Nadi
- 7:30am Coach Pick Up - Fiji Gateway Hotel / Trans International Hotel and Oasis Palms
- 7:35am Coach Pick Up - Novotel Nadi
- 7:40am Coach Pick Up - Fancy Hotel, Tanoa International Hotel and Ratsun Nadi Airport Apartment Hotel
- 7:45am Coach Pick Up -Grand Melanesian Hotel and Tanoa Skylodge
- 7:50am Coach Pick Up - Mercure Hotel Nadi, Hexagon International Hotel /Capricorn Hotel Nadi / Travellers Apartments
- 7:55am Coach Pick Up -Nadi Bay Resort
- 8am Coach Pick Up - Wyndham Resort Denarau Island, Radisson Blu Resort Fiji, Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa and Hilton Fiji Beach Resort
- 8:10am Couch Pick Up - Sheraton Fiji Resort and The Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa
- Is it safe?
- Yes. You’ll be provided with safety instruction from our experienced guides who’ve spent hundreds of hours getting to know our resident school of sharks. Our guides will be in the water with you the entire time and will closely monitor the sharks behaviour to ensure your safety.
- What type of sharks will I see?
- There are two main species of sharks encountered, White Tip Reef Sharks and Black Tip Reef Sharks, both are common in the tropical warm waters of the South Pacific. Each species can grow to a length of just over 1.5 metres although under the water they appear 25% larger, a snorkeling face mask optical illusion. White Tips are the dominant species and are by nature an inquisitive shark not frightened to check you out. Their Black Tip relatives are by contrast timid and will shy away if they feel threatened.
- How many sharks will I see?
- Numbers vary but it is common to see up to six sharks.
- How deep is the water?
- Both Black Tip and White Tip Reef Sharks prefer shallower waters making snorkeling easy with good visibility. It’s even possible to see the sharks from our boat before entering the water. Water depth varies between 4 - 6 metres depending on the tide.
- What if I’m not a good swimmer, haven’t snorkeled before or don’t want to snorkel but my travelling companion does?
- Buoyancy aids are available for less confident swimmers and because these sharks prefer shallow waters there’s no necessity to dive under the water to secure a thrilling view. Non-snorkelers can join the day but sit out the snorkeling experience.
- Our Shark Guarantee
- As Sharks are wild animals we cannot guarantee sightings however we have a 95% +success rate of sighting sharks. In the event that you don’t see any sharks we are happy for you to return for a complimentary “Ultimate Encounter - Snorkel with Sharks” within 3 days of your original cruise.
- If poor weather and sea conditions result in the cancellation of the 'Snorkeling with Sharks experience,' a substitute snorkeling safari will be provided.
- Please bring swimsuit, towel, protective clothing from the sun including a hat and sunblock, light jacket or sweater during the cooler months, money or credit card for optional purchases, your camera and sense of fun!
- Return scenic cruise to Kuata Island
- Complimentary Wi-Fi onboard the vessel.
- Guided Ultimate Encounters snorkeling with sharks experience
- All snorkeling equipment and buoyancy aids if required
- Participation Certificate
- Return coach transfers from most Nadi, Denarau and Wailoaloa hotels and resorts to Port Denarau.
- Full Use of Barefoot Kuata Resort facilities.
- Lunch at Barefoot Kuata Resort (vegetarian option available on request)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Diving (available to purchase)
- Massage (available to purchase)
- FUEL SURCHARGE
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours before the scheduled departure time.
No option matches your preferences.
Try changing the dates and travellers for availability