TranzAlpine Train Journey from Greymouth to Christchurch
Experience the South Island’s striking natural landscape by taking a train one way between Greymouth and Christchurch. Along this journey you’ll see epic vistas, travel the edges of the ice-fed Waimakariri River, traverse the Southern Alps, and see miles of native beech forest.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infants are required to sit on an adult’s lap
- Infants and small children can ride in a pram or stroller
- Service animals allowed
- Public transportation options are available nearby
- Transportation options are wheelchair accessible
- Suitable for all physical fitness levels
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if travelling with a wheelchair.
- Please arrive at least 20 minutes prior to scheduled departure and check in at the station to receive your boarding pass
- This train passes through the Southern Alps, please dress for the alpine conditions
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- GPS-triggered audio commentary
- One Way Rail Journey
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Excess luggage charges (where applicable)
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours before the scheduled departure time.
No option matches your preferences.
Try changing the dates and travellers for availability