Private tour of Pitigliano and Etruscan cave routes
The imposing castle, which belonged first to the Aldobradeschi and then to the Orsini, dominates the village of Pitigliano which was built on the edge of a tufa cliff on the river Lente. A network of alleys that descend to overlook the valley, the extraordinary ancient Jewish quarter, the Ghetto (closed on Saturdays), the deep cellars dug under the streets, the Etruscan gate, the hidden corners of the Fratta district, welcome the visitor fascinated by the incredible beauty of the landscape of Pitigliano. We will also visit the extraordinary vie cave dug by the Etruscans around Pitigliano, ancient sacred roads even 10 meters deep and we will try to discover the secret of their origin. These ancient roads, along which the Etruscan necropolis are found, were also used as refuges during the war
- Infants and small children can ride in a pram or stroller
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with poor cardiovascular health
- Travelers should have at least a moderate level of physical fitness
- The central streets of Pitigliano are also accessible to disabled people, the ghetto does not have many stairs. The hollow streets are not accessible to those who have difficulty walking. the
- We recommend the use of comfortable shoes with rough soles, no slippers
- private guided tour
- entrances to museums
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours before the scheduled departure time.
No option matches your preferences.
Try changing the dates and travellers for availability