Kyoto: Maiko & Geisha Performance & Cultural Walking Tour in Gion
On this small-group cultural tour of Gion, you will get a sense of the lifestyle of Maiko (an apprentice Geisha of Kyoto) and Geisha (we call them Geiko in Kyoto) by meeting them in person, and learn the rich history of renown Geisha district (Kagai 花街) in Kyoto. To start with, we will take you through the picturesque streets of Gion and you will learn about the cultural background of Gion with our local guide. In the second half of the tour, we will take you to a special private house in Gion and you will be welcomed by Maiko and Geiko with light refreshment to enjoy their amazing live performance.
- Public transportation options are available nearby
- Suitable for all physical fitness levels
- No children under 6 years
- You MUST wear socks at the venue of the performance.
- Refundable for cancellations due to organisers' reasons; no refunds for incidental hotel or bullet train costs.
- No photography and video recording are allowed at the venue apart from the photo session at the end of the performance
- [Meet up] In front of the Statue of Izumo-no-Okuni (at the Exit 4 of Keihan Gion Shijo station) *Please check your tour start time. Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes early of tour start time.
- On rainy days, entry to the tea house may be refused if you are heavily wet. Please use an umbrella during the walking tour and if your cloth and feet are wet, please wipe them with a towel at the entrance and change to clean socks to enter the room. This is due to prevent damaging the tatami mat in the room.
- Professional guide
- Live performance by Maiko and Geiko
- Personal expense
- Transportation fees to and from the meeting spot
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours before the scheduled departure time.
No option matches your preferences.
Try changing the dates and travellers for availability