Full Day Lord of the Rings Tour
First stop is Dry Creek Quarry site of Helm’s Deep and Minas Tirith. Then the River Anduin where the Fellowship travelled to Amon Hen, Gardens of Isengard -Gandalf met Saruman to discuss the Ring, where Saruman’s Orcs destroy the gardens. Rivendell home of the Elves. More adventurous may cross swing bridge. Lunch at a local cafe (not included in tour price). Weta Workshop seeing how props, weaponry are made, maybe meet artists at work and see sets from Thunderbirds. Meet Gollum, Lurtz the Uruk-hai, Bilbo’s Trolls. Hobbiton Woods where the trilogy began. Shortcut to Mushrooms scene; Sam & Frodo’s Second Breakfast; where Hobbits hid from the Black Rider (“Get off the Road!”); Race to the Buckleberry Ferry scene; King Théoden’s Dunharrow Encampment. Mount Victoria Lookout to see views of Wellington. Back into the city Courtenay Place, the Embassy Picture Theatre which held two world premieres; The Return of the King (2003), first Hobbit movie An Unexpected Journey (2012).
- Infants are required to sit on an adult’s lap
- Service animals allowed
- Public transportation options are available nearby
- Infants and small children can ride in a pram or stroller
- Suitable for all physical fitness levels
- Cruise Ship Passenger bookings should select the following option as their pick up location which is the Port: 151 Aotea Quay, Pipitea, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
- Cruise Ship Passenger bookings should add their ship name in special requirements field.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Live commentary on board
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours before the scheduled departure time.
No option matches your preferences.
Try changing the dates and travellers for availability