Williamsburg East Ghost Tour
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Colonial Williamsburg, 101 Visitor Center Drive, Williamsburg, VA 23185-4565
Travelers will get to pick from multiple different haunted stops along the Duke of Gloucester Street, where they will stop to see the ghosts photographed at the house or tavern they've chosen and listen to the haunted legacy and/or history of the site. Ghost photos will be shown on a large computer notebook (Samsung Galaxy), and the guides will point out the exact window or location where the photo was taken, as well possibilities about the identity of the ghost in question. Travelers are encouraged to bring their own cameras too; many have walked away with their own intriguing ghost photos.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Travelers will see real ghost photos at each stop along the tour on a large computer notebook!
- Travelers will hear real ghost stories that may explain the ghost photos from each stop.
- Tour is based on the book Haunted Historic Colonial Williamsburg with Breakthrough Ghost Photography
- Travelers are encouraged to bring their own cameras; many have captured their own ghost photos!
What's not included
These ghosts were captured by Tim Rochford at the Peyton Randolph House--Williamsburg's most malevolently haunted house!
A tour group in Colonial Williamsburg's Merchants Square enjoying the Williamsburg West Tour; our guide showing the ghost photos on a Samsung Galaxy.
Ghost photo by Jeff & Sissy Vandevander while on tour at the RaleighTavern!
Ghost photo by Karen Lowry--captured at the Mary Stith House!
Michele Lesak captured another haunting group of ghost faces from the Peyton Randolph House!
Ghost Photo by Jean Sullender, captured at the Whetherburn Tavern--a shadow person!
Jodie Zearfoss took this photo capturing a ghost right at the guide's shoulder!
- This tour was different than other ghost tours because it was more than just stories. We got to see real photos of ghosts and apparitions taken by both the trout guide and past guests. We were able to take our own photos and have him help us identify if we had captured any ghosts in our own photos. The stories we heard were historically accurate and not just fiction for the tour. It was also very affordable as compared to other tours and it was longer in duration without having to pay extra for “bonus” locations. I did this tour with my husband and my 2 kids (age 11 and 13) and we all enjoyed it.2022-10-29
- The photographs were the icing on the cake to the tour. Love the stories and walking around tne historic town at night.2022-10-24
- Great tour! Tim was extremely knowledgeable. He kept us (including my 8 y/o son) intrigued while telling stories and showing fascinating pics. We loved the tour so much that we found, and listened to several podcasts featuring Tim on the way home. If you want to see creepy convincing images ,with equally intriguing stories, this is the tour for you. Best ghost tour I’ve been on and fun experience for my family.2022-09-01
- We had so much fun on this ghost tour! Tim was a great story teller. Even though my 9 year old was scared by the end, she ended up saying it was her favorite part of our trip to Williamsburg (better than Busch Gardens?!). We all enjoyed taking pictures and looking for ghosts.2022-07-22
- Had a great time and enjoyed all the stories. My favorite was the paranormal experience. Also the story about Eve.2022-07-02
- It was a private tour that we had with Tim in December and it was educational and exciting to see the many possibilities for actual ghosts in Old Williamsburg. Not only did Tim provide the ghost tour he also gave us some insight as to the historical significance of Williamsburg in the early days and about some of the real residents during that time frame. It was definitely the highlight of our trip.2022-01-28
- Guide (Tim S.) was very personable and knowledgeable. Loved viewing his photographs. Actually going to try and find a copy of his book(s) today. Great fun listening to him and trying our hand at some ghost photography.2021-11-27
- Very confusing to get to location. No easy close parking and unclear directions to parking or location for out of town visitors. Went on two other ghost tours and had no problem; organized and well done. Once host realized had problems finding location and directions were unclear, no offer to refund money for tickets. Would not recommend spending money.2021-11-08
- This was a great ghost tour. The guide is very knowledgeable historian and he incorporated historical facts with real ghost photos. Definitely recommend taking this tour.2021-11-07
- I didn't go because it was raining. I tried to find out if it was cancelled. The booking agent couldn't tell me and offered little in the way of help. Worst $35 ever spent.2021-11-03
|Duration||60 to 90 minutes|
Powered by Viator