Colonial History Tour in Williamsburg Virginia
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Colonial Williamsburg Capitol Building, W Duke of Gloucester St, Cool, Williamsburg, VA 23185
Come join us for a journey back through time to 18th century Virginia. Walk in the footsteps of our forefathers, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and Patrick Henry. Hear about the history, filled with fun trivia facts that you didn't learn in school.
Duration: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Experience the city with a costumed guide
- Spooks and Legends- Colonial History Tour
What's not included
Come find out what is so interesting about the Palmer house
Jeweler Find out what kind of money we had in the 18th century
Beautiful Governor’s Palace
Tom ready to give another captivating history tour!
The Wig maker
How fun to walk down the streets and see all the 18th century buildings with the reenactors in costume
Reliving the history of our forefathers!
Tom at the Capitol reliving our past
Everyone Hanging on Tom’s every word
Kings Arm Tavern good food good drank a good fun
Lucy Ludwell’s House
Judge Tucker Obelisk What do you see lurking on the stone
Guests listening to Tom’s wonderful history stories of Williamsburg.
Maiden Cara Just ready to take you on a journey through history
Learning History In a very fun way
Peyton Randolph House
James Craig jeweler
Garden How gorgeous
Awe the well
Market Square Tavern where Thomas Jefferson stayed while studying law from Mr.George Wythe
Our guests hanging on Tom’s every word ! Learning of our rich history!
Having fun on the History Tour
The George Wythe House
Enjoying a beautiful day In Colonial Williamsburg as Tom takes our guests back in time!
What are the holes in the Palmer house ? Come find out !
Making memories with Tom on his interesting and fun history tour!!!
Sir Walter Raleigh
Wig Maker How did they make the Whigs come find out
The Magnificent History just waiting to be told as you stroll down the beautiful streets of Colonial Williamsburg!!!
- We booked the Colonial History Tour through the Williamsburg Lodge. The tour guide arrived promptly, dressed in historical clothing. He was a wonderful guide, full of historical facts about the town, and descriptions of many terms and phrases that originated during 17th and 18th century. We were supposed to be with a larger group but only my wife and I were available for the tour so we really had the guide all to ourselves. This was a fantastic educational experience.2022-10-25
- Tom was super knowledgeable! Great info! Lots of walking and standing so might not be great for the littles, but I thought it was awesome! Definitely get the hot apple cider if you get a chance!2022-10-16
- Our guide was very good about mixing history with funny stories about how certain expressions originated.2022-09-26
- It was very informative, almost too much information. Seems overwhelming at times. Others on the tour felt the same way. It should be noted in the description of this tour that you should be able to walk about 2 miles. Very tiring for those with bad knees or backs. A lot of standing an listening. No shuttle at the end to take you back to your vehicle so be prepared to walk all that same way back. Glad we went, the homes were all original and very beautiful to see. Not something I would do again or probably recommend. There are less exhausting ways to get this information. Nice guide, but he talked too slowly for us.2022-09-26
- Went to downtown Williamsburg, the candy shop, Williamsburg museum. Also checked out Ripley's Believe it or not. (fun).2022-09-12
- Tom is extremely knowledgeable and has a great sense of humor. He kept us intrigued and lots of laughter.2022-09-11
- Can't express how much we enjoyed the tour with Tom. His knowledge and patients are outstanding and we learned so much. On top of it I'll mention the top notch service provided by Lisa the owner of the company. The weather was not perfect and we were not sure if it will take place. She was so helpful and considerable. Highly recommended!2022-07-10
- Well worth it! Grace and Lexi are so knowledgeable. Grace’s “real life” stories bring history to life. Learn the origin of many familiar phrases like “whole nine yards, bite the bullet, putting your best foot forward, etc.”2022-06-13
- Great overall tour of Colonial Williamsburg. The guides were friendly and definitely knew lots of stories to share. Loved hearing how we got a lot of our sayings that are used today.2022-06-13
- the tour was very informative, very caring and kind people, great communication, and a very enjoyable experience. we highly recommend!!2022-06-12
|Duration||1 hour 45 minutes|
Powered by Viator